1/20/2011

Wholesale-Dress.net Review


To be honest I've tried many many online clothing sites. I haven't limited myself to sites like Forever21 or Express. I've visited sites like Zipia,net, TaoBao, Yesstyle, and of course Wholesale-Dress.net. I've never been fully satisfied with my experience with fashion sites. Maybe it's because many of the clothes were of horrible quality or maybe because of the ridiculous shipping prices or even maybe because their customer services were sorely lacking. Maybe it was a combination of all three. 

I tend to not write bad reviews on retail sites but I feel that many people are being ripped off and have the right to know the problems they might encounter that many other customers have. 


The site seems easy enough to navigate. Everything is in English and the currency is in USD. 

Unfortunately many items that you might place in your shopping cart and pay for are out of stock. Yes they will refund you the money but it's horribly disappointing. At least place an out of stock sign on that item.

The same item has different prices. I've encountered the same shirt three times and they had three different prices. Confusion confusion!

Items are inexpensive but shipping is horrendous. I believe that the last time I bought something from there the first 500 grams were $15 and after that each 100 grams were maybe $3? Sure they're having a special now but who knows when it will go back up.

The lack of english and lack of communication. There is apparently a 24 hour online service customers can use but I didn't find it helpful. The english is very limited and the person who I emailed when I was having trouble with my order kept calling me "dear". It's probably nothing to be annoyed about but it does rub me the wrong way. LOL. It also took a long time for them to reply and when they did I couldn't understand most of it.

The quality. This seems to be the biggest issue within the asian wholesale/retail sites. The picture does not reflect the item at all. Sometimes it's a completely different pattern or color. But honestly, you get what you pay for. I've read many complaints on the quality of not just wholesale-dress.net but of many others. 

I hope this was a helpful review. If you still decide to purchase from an online wholesale site I suggest that you take a look at Zipia.net. The quality is much better although you have to spend $300+ worth of items to be able to buy from them. I have nothing but compliments to give to them. I would much rather pay a little bit more for better quality and items that actually look like their pictures. 

Choose wisely, 

Mai. 


No comments: