9/06/2009

Lets Talk About E.L.F


Elf products are marketed towards people that don't want to spend alot of their money on makeup items. There is a good side to that, & of course there is a bad side. The good thing is that most of their line excluding the mineral & studio line is $1. Thats right, everything is $1. Their mineral & studio line ranges from $3 an item to $12.

Awhile back I had a mini haul from ELF & bought 2 duo eyeshadow cream, waterproof eyeliner pen, their 12 set brush kit, their shine remover, 3 liquid eyeliners (midnight, silver, & black), mineral blush in coral, and nailpolish in pearl. I also got a free gift (the candy lip tin). Least to say most of the items sucked.

The biggest complaints I had had to be the liquid eyeliners, the nailpolish, and the duo eyeshadow cream. The midnight eyeliner, was very thin. I had to put on a second or third coat to get a good color on my lids. The black was ok but irritated my lids . The silver was clumped & dry. The nailpolish color was very cheap looking & went on very ugly. I will be posting pictures of swatches later on. The duo eyeshadow cream was very oily. I have very oily skin so when this went on, I looked like a ball of butter :P It just gives me too much shine.

I do recommend you getting the waterproof eyeliner pen although it IS NOT WATERPROOF. It goes on really smoothly so if you are in the market for a cheap eyeliner pen, this is it. Now on to the brushes. I bought the 12 pc brush set.

The brushes are ok for the price. The brush i like the most has to be the all over brush & the eyeshadow + blender brushes. The foundation is kind of too rough for the skin & the blush brush is also ok. I haven't tried out all of the yet (: 2 things i do have to rave about though is the lip tin lipglosses & the shine eraser. Although the lip tins are $3, they are worth the price & they even taste good lol. the shine eraser also works well, removing all of the oil off my face but leaving my makeup on. I just bought Mineral makeup from ELF & am planning to do another review about that.

&MAI.




No comments: